Saturday, August 9, 2014

A Sad Goodbye and a Family Fun Night

Part of our moving process is getting rid of a lot of things we won't need in our new place. One of those things is my 3 year old's toddler sized car bed. In our new place he's going to be in a full-sized bed, and I'm having fun gathering ideas for his Mickey themed room. Facebook has all these yard sale groups that make it easy to sell things. Needless to say, his car bed sold within 2 days!  I warned him when we were in the car on the way home that his bed was gone, but his reaction to going into his room and seeing it gone was so sad!  I had gotten a great deal when I bought it, and I actually sold it at a profit...can't beat that!

A boy and his daddy.  Doesn't get better than this!
Anyways, the boy needed a good distraction to his heartbreak. Thankfully, the neighboring town was having a carnival!  Eli had so much fun going on his first roller coaster!  It was so nice to have a fun night as a family. It has been a while since my hubby didn't work late on a Friday. It made me so thankful that will be changing when we move and there will be so many more moments like last night!  The fair is going on in my hometown this week, so next year we can do this again next year!
such cuteness!




Off we go!
Eli's first roller coaster.  He told me I couldn't take a picture

Tomorrow we are off to the zoo with my in laws after church. I am so looking forward to a day making some lasting memories we can take with us!



No comments:

Post a Comment