Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Finally an update

Well, so much for regularly updating this thing!

Our transition to life in Michigan has far exceeded my expectations.  Steve loves his job.  It has been such a confirmation for us that this is where God wants us.  It has been amazing to see him thrive doing something he enjoys on a daily basis.

Steve started his job immediately, but I stayed home with the kiddos to get them settled to our new life.  Life at home was definitely not what I envisioned.  Our 3.5 year old is incredibly strong willed and we have been struggling with finding effective ways of disciplining him.  Despite this he is becoming this incredible little boy right before our eyes!  He is able to attend an Awana Cubbies program at our church and it has been such a joy see him develop a love of God's Word.  One major accomplishment while I was home was getting him potty trained finally!  It is SO nice only have one kid in diapers now!

Eliana continues to be our tiny princess.  She is so different from her brother.  She gets into everything!  She is also much more verbal than Elijah was at this age.  She has mastered "mama" and "dada", "yeah" and is starting to say "lijah."  She started taking first steps at 10 months and now at 11 months is fully walking.  It is so funny to see this tiny little girl who still wears 9mo clothes walking around.

I started back to work last week.  God continues to bless us beyond our imaginations here, and my new job is no different.  I can hardly believe how great it seems to be.  Working in community mental health can be challenging, but my new employer seems to value it's staff and want to see us thrive as individuals.  I love being back at work.  I understand that some women feel called to be at home full time, but I learned the 7 weeks I stayed home that I am definitely not one of them.  I truly believe God has called me to work in the field I do, and I'm a better mom because of it.  God even provided the perfect child care situation, and Eli asks me every day if it's time to go to "Miss Karen's" so he can play with his "best friends."  I can see Eliana benefiting from the social interaction as well.

There's our update for now!  There will definitely be more posts to come as we enter the busy season of Thanksgiving, a First Birthday, and Christmas!!

1 comment:

  1. I love to see how God is providing for you and your family! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete